Industrial AC/DC Power Supplies
1kW to 200 kW Output Power
Custom Output Voltage and Current
AC Mains Detection
Work as Battery Charger
What is a DC Power Supply?
An AC-DC Power Supply is a Power electronics equipment which converts Alternating Current (AC) into Direct Current (DC) with arbitrary output voltage and current.
How do Industrial AC/DC Power Supplies work?
The block diagram below describes the AC to DC conversion process: the AC Input is stepped-down with a transformer, then converted to DC with a full-bridge rectifier and modulated with high-power Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors (IGBT).
This process allows to safely and efficiently convert energy up to a certain power (4 kW), so, in order to obtain higher powers, several AC/DC Converter Modules are parallelized and synchronized, as depicted in the next diagram (MCB Electronics’ DC Power Supply block diagram):
Our DC Power Supply: the Power-Spin
AT A GLANCE
- Equipped with isolation autotransformer
- AC input accepted:
Single-Phase (120Vac 50/60Hz – 230/240Vac 50/60Hz)
Two-Phase (2 x 120Vac 50/60Hz)
Three-Phase (3 x 208Vac 50/60Hz – 3 x 400Vac 50/60Hz -3 x 480Vac 50/60Hz – 3 x 600Vac 50/60Hz)
- Power range from 1kW to 200kW
- Mechanical: Rack 19″, Towers and Maxi-Towers
- Control Panel: LCD Display 4×40 along with command buttons
- Communication Interfaces (Remote Control):
- Physical Interfaces: RS-232, Ethernet
- Communication protocols: SCPI (over RS-232 and Ethernet)
- LabView Drivers
- DC Output Current and Voltage regulation
- Boost function: 150% nominal current for 6 seconds
- Electrical cord on the input (AC side) provided for powers up to 8kW included
- Terminal blocks in input and output for models above 8kW power
OPTIONS AND CUSTOMIZATIONS
Fully customizable according to current and voltage required in output
Optional automatic AC mains configuration detection
Optional 2in1 working mode: AC/DC Power Supply and Battery Charger
Any worldwide input AC mains electricity according to the required specifications provided by the customer
Industrial AC/DC Power Supplies Applications
The typical applications for our DC Power Supplies are industry related, for example:
UAV Test StandsTest any drone bypassing the on-board battery with the following upsides:
– power supply continuity during the long endurance tests without any interruption due to battery replacement or battery recharge,
– limitation of the charging cycles and therefore, preservation of the battery performances
– dramatic reduction of the fire risk typical of any storage system at the production/testing facility
Powering wind tunnels used for UAV test stands.
Home Appliances Test Rigs
Powering next-gen home appliances test rigs.
Industrial Battery Charger Working Mode
Industrial Battery Chargers are special AC/DC Power Sources that supply a high DC voltage while monitoring the status of the load. Initially designed to allow the charging of lead batteries, our battery chargers differ from the classic ones because they allow to charge up to 5 accumulators of different type.
MCB Electronics industrial Battery Chargers are offered either in a single drawer or in boxes with 1 to 5 drawers. Powering is simplified by clamps with extractable cables located at the bottom of the box.
Our Battery chargers have the following features:
- Custom preset to manage different cell materials, e.g. AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat), VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead–Acid), GEL, OPzS (Lead-Acid), Ni‐Cd (Nickel‐Cadmium)
- Selection of the battery nominal Voltage
- Selection of the battery capacity (Ah)
- Automatic stop when the battery is full
Do you want to know more about our Industrial AC/DC Power Supplies? For help, inquiries and customizations, Get in touch with us!